Hello there, are you a foreigner or a local Singaporean looking to take driving test Singapore? If you are a foreigner, you need to first convert your license – if you are from certain countries such as USA. However, for foreigners yielding from other countries, chances are, you need to retake the entire examination process in Singapore before you are allowed to drive on the roads legally.
If you are a local Singaporean but have not taken any driving exams before, the following highlights the procedures you need to go through and some key points you need to take note before you can get your driving license Singapore.
1) First of all, you need to book for your basic theory test (test dates are generally 1 to 2 months later) and then take it and pass it. You have the choice of signing up for theory classes at the different driving schools to pass this test but it is a waste of effort and time and money. Just go to Popular, pick up a theory book and study it. You will pass as long as you memorize the stuff inside the book.
2) Now, after passing your basic theory test, you want to quickly and immediately apply for your final theory test on the same day you pass your BTT. This is because the waiting time is once again 1 to 2 months long and you need to wait anyway so just apply for it right away and as soon as possible.
3) Next of all, you want to apply for a provisional driving license (PDL) in Singapore. This is immediate and costs $25 and which will last you for 6 months. This means that if you pass your driving test only 6 months after you apply for your PDL, you need to re apply for it and pay $25. So make sure to get a good private driving instructor to give you Singapore driving lessons and pass your driving test on the first try.
4) Learn your practical lessons.
5) Pass your final theory test and book your practical exam right away.
6) Pass your practical exam. You would get your Singapore driving license then!